The Throat Chakra governs speech and creative expression. It determines honestly and how well you express yourself.
This is where we speak our choices and manifest.
Location: At the base of the neck at the hollow of the collarbone.
Represented By the Color: Blue
Signs that it’s balanced
When your throat chakra is balanced you’re creative, helpful and good at offering sound advice when it’s asked for. You know what you want and are unafraid to ask for it. Not afraid to be vulnerable and express weaknesses.
Signs that it’s over active
Overly opinionated and critical of others. Can be verbally abusive and not allow others to state their opinions. Talking for prolonged periods of time without allowing the other person to get a word in.
Signs that it’s under active
Can’t express yourself and is often misunderstood. Sends mixed messages and seen as flaky. Has a problem with telling people “no”.
To Help Balance
Element: Ether. Enjoy a sunny blue sky.
Food: Fruit, soups, and sauces. Foods that lubricate the throat.
Crystals: Lapis Lazuli, sodalite, blue calcite, blue tourmaline, turquoise.
Meditation: See blue. Visualize a blue orb of light in the location of your Throat Chakra Focus on that space and breathe into that area of your body. Do this daily for 10 minutes.
Mantra: I speak freely and with confidence. It is safe for me to express my feelings and to create the life I desire.
Aromatherapy/Essential Oils: Rose, Frankincense, Jasmine, and Sandalwood
- Spend two hours during the day without speaking
- Have a conversation you’ve been avoiding (meditate for 5 minutes before if possible)
- Fast for one day. Limit your food intake and drink plenty of water. (Fast in a way that works for you).
- Sing your favorite song obnoxiously loud and enjoy it.
- Deep breathe for 2 minutes. Breathe all the way down to your belly
- and exhale.
- Wear a pair of blue earrings or necklace.
- Allow yourself to cry if you get the urge.
- Lift your hands to the sky and look up